I had the most wonderful opportunity to photograph the Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology (CSEP) 50th-anniversary event. The Canadian society for exercise physiology 50th anniversary was so much fun and it was such a privilege to photograph it in Winnipeg late last year. These were great times!
About the Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology
The Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology or CSEP has been providing outstanding service to our country for fifty years! CSEP is a volunteer-based organization composed of professionals focused on t exercise physiology, exercise biochemistry, fitness, and health. CSEP was founded at the Pan American Games in Winnipeg, Manitoba in 1967. CSEP was the product of four tedious years of efforts. The vision described by the CSEP is “recognized authority in exercise science and prescription, integrating research into best practice”. The goals of the CSEP are as follows:
- “To be the national and international voice for exercise science and prescription in Canada, and to represent and advance CSEP positions.
- To pursue the vision and mission in an ethical, effective, and financially responsible manner.
- To provide members working in exercise physiology and health and fitness with timely, relevant products and services.
- To increase awareness of CSEP in Canada and internationally with funders, within the exercise physiology sector, and among the general public.
- To promote evidence-based practice through the development of standards, policies, guidelines, and research related to exercise physiology and health and fitness.
- To define, develop, and implement effective knowledge translation activities related to CSEP’s evidence-based body of knowledge and advancing certification in a timely manner.”
About The Event
CSEP has been reaching higher, providing excellent research, and constantly improving the way we think about exercise for fifty years. It’s truly a blessing to live in a great country where we see these types of organizations being able to make strides to things we do in our everyday lives. It was truly an honor to commemorate such a great organization like CSEP. Not only was this event beautiful, fun, and lively- it was also very knowledgeable. As you can see below, we got the opportunity to hear from great speakers, learn from great texts, among other various things.
I hope to be photographing CSEP’s 100th anniversary as well- I look forward to it!